Application to demonstrate how clinical applications can synchronize clinical data with HealthVault using Patient Connect functionality (Direct-to-Clinical). The application uses CCR, CCD, Lab results and Medication as examples to illustrate clinical
data connectivity. The applic
This application contains two separate Visual Studio solutions – one for independent Application ID implementation, and another for Master-Child Application ID implementation.
- Independent Application ID Implementation - Contoso Health Single Physician Practice: This module demonstrates the following concepts:
- Usage of Patient Connect functionality
- Ability to fetch patient demographic data from HealthVault
- Ability to periodically synchronize clinical data with HealthVault
- Usage of HealthVault’s offline mode to fetch patient data (e.g., medication)
- Ability to upload HL7 CCD and ASTM CCR to HealthVault
- Mapping and upload of Lab Results (in HL7 ELINCS 1.1 format) to appropriate HealthVault data type
- Master-Child Application ID Implementation - TreyResearch Multi Physician Practice: This solution extends the above solution to illustrate how a multi-physician practice with distributed application deployment can utilize HealthVault’s advanced Master-Child
The Master-Child functionality can also be used by Healthcare ISVs for centralized management of Child Application IDs.
About the application
This application has been developed for Microsoft by Citiustech. Please visit
for more details.
We welcome your suggestions/comments/feedback on the discussion boards. For any other help, please contact the project coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org.